Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#85938 - 07/04/2002 16:28 Emplode erroneouslystating duplicate file
Neutrino
addict

Loc: The Great Pacific NorthWest
I recently purchased the unabriged audio version of "The Fellowship of the Ring" on CD.This was a 16 disk set with over 20 hours of audio. Anyway, after ripping it,(four hundred files), when I went to load it into the Empeg, Emplode responded that track 19 of disk 8 was a duplicate. This was not the case. I resolved the problem by make a few minor changes to the tag data for this track. Does anyone know why this occurred?

Thanks

#85939 - 07/04/2002 17:39 Re: Emplode erroneouslystating duplicate file [Re: Neutrino]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
I recently purchased the unabriged audio version of "The Fellowship of the Ring" on CD.This was a 16 disk set with over 20 hours of audio.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I would like to hear more about your CD set. Where did you get it, what did it cost? Is it a "reading" of the book(s), or is it a "performance" with different voices, sound effects, etc.?

tanstaafl.

#85940 - 07/04/2002 17:50 Re: Emplode erroneouslystating duplicate file [Re: tanstaafl.]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
If it's the same one I'm thinking of, it's a production of the trilogy made for BBC Radio. It's been available in bookstores in my area for ages, it seems.

#85941 - 07/04/2002 18:47 Re: Emplode erroneouslystating duplicate file [Re: wfaulk]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
If it's the same one I'm thinking of, it's a production of the trilogy made for BBC Radio. It's been available in bookstores in my area for ages, it seems.

No, I don't think so. I have that one, and it is a 13 CD set, about 10 files per CD. I recommend it highly, but to squeeze it into 13 hours, they had to leave things out (no mention of Tom Bombadil, for instance, and the battles at Isengard and at the Black Gate are all but ignored).

It is a production, as opposed to a reading.

tanstaafl.

#85942 - 07/04/2002 20:46 Re: Emplode erroneouslystating duplicate file [Re: tanstaafl.]
Neutrino
addict

Loc: The Great Pacific NorthWest
I bought it at Barnes & Noble. It is a reading by Rob Inglis. This is the first book only. The others are available as well. The price as marked was 49.99 US but they charged me 29.99 US so it must be on sale. I also bought the dramatization but it wasn't what I was looking for so I took it back and bought this instead. I find that my mind does a far better job of dramatizing.

#85943 - 08/04/2002 01:52 Re: Emplode erroneouslystating duplicate file [Re: Neutrino]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Does anyone know why this occurred?

Yes, the duplicate detection in emplode isn't that great. There's a couple of bugs about this in the internal bug database.

It'll get fixed eventually. In the meantime, just make small modifications to the tags.