Hi.

Well, I now have enough tuner orders that I can order a new batch of PCBs and tuner modules. However, there is a slight problem.

The supply of the modules is very slim at the moment. I can't in fact get any of the 3x0197 modules at all for at least a couple of months, but I can obtain a hundred or so of a pin-compatible version, the 3x0131. The major difference is that it doesn't have the weather-band facilities, which are replaced with LW and SW AM modes for european usage.

These are the only tuner modules I seem to be able to get anywhere in the world, so I'm going to have to go for them and pretty quick too. It's a few thousand dollars worth of parts, but I can't afford to let the oppurtunity slip past. To get more after this, I need to place a minimum order of 200 modules (it was 500 but I bitched about this to the point they dropped it down), and at the moment I don't have enough orders to make that worthwhile.

The new modules, in conjunction with the ones I have in stock, will cover (just) all the currently outstanding orders with a few left over. Since the weatherband units are no real use outside north america, what I favour doing is shipping WX ones to the US and canada, and EU ones elsewhere. Does anyone have a problem with this?

pca