Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#333029 - 17/05/2010 18:10 Regarding Logan Kunz, Ex ReplayTV, Ex Rio, Ex Akai Digital
pca
old hand

Loc: UK
Hi.

Some of you know Logan Kunz, employed by ReplayTV, then Rio, then Akai Digital, much of this time working with Rob Voisey and the other empeg guys. Most recently he became a Palm employee in a fairly senior role.

I'm afraid I have some very bad news. Sometime during Saturday the 15th, he passed away. No one seems very sure just yet exactly what happened.

He had some health issues, the details of which I don't know, but I believe involved his liver. He apparently had a nasty reaction to some prescribed medication, and had a couple of trips to the emergency room last week. They took him off the medication and all indications were that he was getting over the reaction, and he was cleared to return home.

Friends and family saw him on friday, and although he looked bad he said he was feeling better.

However, he was found around 3PM on saturday, having passed away sometime in the previous few hours. His funeral is going to be In Pittsburg, and there is a memorial planned in California. I can pass along details of his family if needed, but I don't want to post it here where it can be seen by the whole web.

I knew him fairly well, and liked him a lot. He was a young, skilled, and motivated engineer with a good career ahead of him, and was a lot of fun. He will be missed on both a personal and professional level.

pca

#333031 - 17/05/2010 19:43 Re: Regarding Logan Kunz, Ex ReplayTV, Ex Rio, Ex Akai Digital [Re: pca]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know him but my thoughts go out to his friends and family (including you).

How old was he? It sounds like he left far too soon, which is always terrible.

#333034 - 17/05/2010 20:34 Re: Regarding Logan Kunz, Ex ReplayTV, Ex Rio, Ex Akai Digital [Re: Dignan]
pca
old hand

Loc: UK
Way too young to have this sort of thing happen, not yet 30.

pca

#333036 - 17/05/2010 21:04 Re: Regarding Logan Kunz, Ex ReplayTV, Ex Rio, Ex Akai Digital [Re: pca]
speedy67
enthusiast

Loc: South-West-Germany
I met him once or twice at the meetings, remembering him as a really nice guy. My thoughts are with his family and all his friends, who knew him much better than me. Always a sad thing, if a young person passes away much too early.

Best wishes to all of you.

#333059 - 18/05/2010 12:16 Re: Regarding Logan Kunz, Ex ReplayTV, Ex Rio, Ex Akai Digital [Re: speedy67]
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
This is very sad news.

My thoughts go to friends and family.

Cris.

#333175 - 21/05/2010 07:04 Re: Regarding Logan Kunz, Ex ReplayTV, Ex Rio, Ex Akai Digital [Re: Cris]
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
I never met Logan, but I corresponded with him regularly when he was over the beta program at DNNA. He always struck me as a really sharp guy who knew his stuff.

I'm stunned at this news.