I've bought a simple iMac to get my feet wet. I'm learning to work with it now. After 30 years of Windows, it's not always that easy.

I'm currently having the following issue:

I've made 2 profiles : one for me and one for my wife. The main reason I did this is because I want to be able to manage both the music on our iPhones manually. I copied all the music from my pc via my LAN to my 'music' folder. I quickly found out that that way, my wife couldn't reach the music. So I copied it to the 'shared' folder (I hope I'm translating the correctly ; I'm using the Mac in Dutch), this is the folder you'll find on the same level as where the user's home folders reside.

After I found out how to set the folder permissions, I could also reach the files from my wife's profile, so all was good.

There's just one problem: when I'm logged into my wife's profile, it seems Finder doesn't want to search this shared folder. If I search for 'Abba' eg. in the correct folder, it doesn't find anything. If I clear the search field, I can see the folder clearly there. This is ONLY so when I'm logged in as my wife. When I log in in my own profile, Finder finds the Abba folders just fine.

What could be causing this? And how can I solve it? I keep thinking it's a file permission thing of some sort, but my wife has the exact same permissions files as I have. The files can be played no problem, just not searched.

The Mac is running the most recent version of the OS. Thanks!