49 is up at http://www.inzyme.com/rio/empeg ... Same deal as 48 ... Just the jars right now since I'm sure I'll be building another soon. This adds Mike Comb's fix for Hijack uploading w/ the new FID layout, a bunch of work to decrease runtime memory usage (it should be substantially less now), the player reboots after database rebuilds now, and some other miscellaneous things inherited from RMML.

This is, of course, in addition to the new stuff in 48 (that is mostly experimental) -- like in options you can enable fast database rebuilds if you have hijack installed and a v3 player, so it will rebuild the db on the client. This is very new, and will have issues. Fortunately the worst case is your player just has to rebuild on its own.

There's also an option to enable tag updating on duplicate tracks, so if you change tags on the PC and drop your dupes onto jEmplode, it will update the tags.

The error message for duplicates is more descriptive now, so Loren should never have to wonder what tune the import is a duplicate of again

Oh yeah, you can delete graphics.jar now from your plugins folder ... I merged it back in.

The jemplode.jar binary includes Rio Music Manager Lite binary, which allows you to have FLAC support and a better tested OGG parser. If you don't like binary only, you can build/run from the sources but you won't get a flac parser and the ogg parser isn't nearly as well tested. This jEmplode will also discover and communicate with your Karma if you want to play around with that.

If you want to force a rebuild of your database from the commandline (if you have hijack and a v3 player), you can call that directly with:

java -classpath jemplode.jar org.jempeg.empeg.protocol.RebuildDatabase <yourplayeripaddress>

This will do a full database rebuild from scratch, which is even newer than the fast rebuild on sync (which runs off of your in-memory database, so is less likely to explode). Same deal though .. The worst case is that you just have to let the player rebuild.

Good luck and godspeed ...

ms