*bump*

Any resolution on this Loren? I did a roadtrip to Vegas on Sunday, and spent an inordinate amount of time pressing the top button, trying to get the player out of standby. Symptoms are exactly as you've described above, with random "button" presses. At one point, when the remote was in my lap, face up (nothing pressing on the buttons), the player was flipping between info modes at a rate of about two modes/second. I have the latest 2.x final, along with the stock player kernel (i.e. no Hijack). I also have pcats' tuner module installed. I uninstalled the tuner module during a gas stop, and the problem went away. Unfortunately, so did all the power to the player, which apparantly was somehow wired through the tuner. When I plugged the tuner back in, both the power (:)) and the problem (:() came back.

There are no problems when the player is in mlord's dock (which, if I understand correctly, mimics the car install, minus the tuner).

Next step for me is to try (a) wiggling/taping the stalk input (as suggested in this, or another thread), and (b) disconnecting the stalk input completely (which is not in use, anyway).