That's not Empeg's argument, though. That implies that they intended all along to ship with AR but were just looking for a mfr. who could do it, in which case, they should have said "the first units won't ship with AR panels, so if you want AR, you should wait."

I would rather wait for quality than have something that is seriously misdesigned shipped to me more quickly. I'm willing to accept the lower-quality rushed handiwork when I know there's a committment to make good on it. Given Empeg's past track record, I thought that was logical. Where the early units had failings, Empeg would make right by them. Now I see that this is NOT the case.

Personally, I can certainly afford the cost of the AR panel, but its the principle of the matter, that I shouldn't HAVE to... any way you look at it, it is Empeg's fault that I need a new panel, either because they misdesigned it by not including AR, or because they shipped early units without AR without notifying us that we could opt for later units which would have AR.

If I DO have to spend the cash to get an AR panel, then Empeg can rest assured that it will be the LAST of my cash they see.

D