Yep; for anybody reading this, the whole "virgin birth" ship has sailed (to mix a metaphor).

That was entirly uncalledfor. If we are going to discuss religon and/or politics (and I don't see anything wrong with doing so) then let's keep things civilized and not go insulting or slanderizing other's beliefes. If you have an argument to put forth, by all means, put it forth. But please don't make flippant comments like that and expect others to shrug it off.
the teachers refuse to explain the meaning or origin of B.C. and A.D. when referring to dates

Actualy I was under the impression that everyone had swiched to the B.C.E. and C.E. system (Common Era).
Is that a threat to the empeg guys?

Bring on the debates!

Actualy I'd say this is one of the best talks about religon that we have had in a while. Since the question has been raised "Where do you go to find out how Christians should behave?" I would like to submit that, besides The Good Book itself, C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity is the difinitve source for "What it means to be a Christian." I'd be happy to buy for, and mail to, anyone here a copy.