One book that I've been trying to find, and really impressed me (although I was in HS at the time) was called "Genesis and the Big Bang". I read it for an AP Bio class that I needed some extra credit in... If anyone can help me find it, I'd really like to pick up a copy and see how it reads a decade later..

But basically, it was writen by a scientist and explained how both the Big Bang AND Genesis can be correct. To do so, he went back to the original Hebrew text and worked out each word and played with their various interpreations. I'm reaching here.. but he basically argued that telling people 2,000 years ago (long for the OT) that there was a universe and the speed of light etc, would have blown people's minds. So the text was writen in way that was easy to understand: that our world was created in 6 days. But by looking at each step, "There was darkness, then there was light", when taken in the right context can completely jive (I speek Jive) with the Big Bang.

I want to find the book again. It was quite interesting. Some stuff wouldn't stand up to modern reading (like how the chances of life outside of Earth is almost 0) but he really goes into detail on Realtivity and carbon dating etc...