My setup is could be similiar in nature to yours... It's actually an IBM 1U rack mount server with 512 MB memory and a 800 MHz Celeron chip. I stashed (2) 120 GB drives in it and it's doing pretty well. I did put Windows 2000 Advanced Server on it just so I could run Terminal Services on it. I have another similiar setup running Windows XP Professional for the same reason... I stash both of those servers in my basement and stream audio and video to all of my other systems. (I do use the ARM server for pushing out the ARF file)

JRec and tRio were really easy to set up and use only about 3-5% CPU when all three of my Rio's are running in sync. The only catch would be with JRec and MySQL. MySQL will eat up whatever CPU you throw at it. But my boxes run 24 hours a day and I've never had an issue.

Terminal Services is awesome if you like living with Windows. (I can even use my Wireless PocketPC to log in and look around... I'm even using it to control a Web Browser session for the tRio Web applet!!)

But it think you'd have really easy luck either way. I guess it would depend on what else you'd be using it for.

Enjoy!
_dave