Quote:
I got gas tonight (9 gallons in a CRX) as I was just about empty. I always pay at the pump with my credit card and tonight the receipt didn't print. I went inside and the clerk just got off a call from the owner or manager and said that regular unleaded gas would be going up 40 cents.

Okay, that freaked me out enough that I just went out to fill my tank (I was riding a quarter tank for the past 3 days hoping prices would drop a bit... stupid hurricane). The Arco I usually go to was at $2.99 for supreme (have to use it... stupid turbo)... while the shell across the street was at $3.13 for supreme. I pulled up to the pumps at the Arco to be met with a hand wriiten "OUT" sign across the medium and supreme buttons. Sweet. So I hit the next cheapest place I know a mile away, a Shell that is at $3.08 for supreme. It's sorta nuts living in a big city where you'll have two Shell's or two Chevron's literally 2 blocks from each other with 10 cent differences in price. City wide the differences can vary 25 cents or more.