We have an office down there about two blocks off the river at the edge of the French Quarter. We've heard from all but one of our people - she was staying with her mother, who wouldn't leave. One in Metairie who'd decided to wait it out ("a few candles, a bottle of wine, and I'll chase my wife around the house") left just after the first levee gave way.

As you'd expect, many of their houses are partially under water, though their office seems to have been spared the worst of the flooding. No one has been in it yet, though. For all we know, the roof has collapsed.

They've scattered to Houston, New York, Oregon, Fredricksburg (VA), and of course Baton Rouge. After they've all resettled, it'll be interesting to see if we can actually put the office back together again, and if so, how long it'll take. We're planning restore a backup tape from their office (it's in Houston today), recreating their server here in our corporate office, and getting a shell of an office together. Of course, most of that office's business is destination logistics, and I don't think we'll be getting many visitors into the city for a while.

-jk