Quote:
Damn, who exactly do you have to be to get the NYPD to show up for a stolen phone?

It's not the stolen phone alone, it's all manner of other nastiness associated with said stolen phone that's really gdf'n inconvenient on top of the entire fucking shocking mess.

And the NYPD is usually pretty damn good about at least pretending to make an effort. Most of them are really nice about it too. However two of the lot that showed up tonight were royal asshats. One clearly hated the affluent and pale, and the other seemed to have just enough intelligence to fill a shot glass. The other three took about 45 seconds to realize they had someone who didn't have a damn thing to do with what they were after.

Looks like my goal of trying to get out of a lawyer's office by the end of 2005 ain't happening.

Quote:
I assume you bought it from an amazon merchant?

Nope. Amazon themselves. If it was an Amazon merchant, I would have named them. Also compounds the wierdness. I wouldn't exactly be shocked if I got a stolen phone from some place like "Larry's phone-o-rama".

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony