Quote:
You sound like a right bunch of Dilberts.
Ever thought about communicating with those around you from time to time?

Open plan offices with low partitions and no cubicles makes for a much more pleasant working environment IMHO

Good god, they're the worst working environment I've ever been in, except for the time I helped a guy dig a trench with a spade and a coffee can, because he didn't want to rent a trencher (he rented a trencher the next day).

When I want to communicate with those around me, I'll pick up the phone and call them, or get up and walk over to their office. Right now, there are three conversations going on around me, in different cubicles, at varying levels of volume, none of which I can ignore, and none of which have anything to do with me. This isn't normal -- usually there are more, but we're at a slow point right now, and half the people here are on vacation or were layed off. For the collaborative artist type folks here, it might be great, but as a software developer it sucks pretty hard.

I want an office, with a door, so that I can choose when to communicate, instead of having it forced on me unnecessarily.