Sorry to drag an old thread up, but I waited to read this one until I'd finished the first three seasons.

I thought the season 3 finale had an odd feeling to it, but it wasn't terrible. It didn't have a chance of matching season 2's. I didn't feel that the reveal of the four cylons was rushed, since we hadn't seen a new one all season long. I thought the choices were pretty interesting, too. I guess my question now would be: which cylon was D'Anna talking to in the temple? I suppose it would have to be the last remaining cylon or Tigh (she apologized to whoever it was). I'm also quite pleased with what I felt was the most important line of dialog in the finale, which was when Tigh said "what about Ellen?" This is intriguing. The other three could be planted fairly easily, even Anders (who was famous on Caprica, but he's pretty young, so it wouldn't have been tough to plant him). Tigh, on the other hand? How is that at all possible? I can't come up with any logical explanations.

So after watching all three seasons of the show, I'd definitely say that there are high points and low points, but I didn't see the drastic dip in quality that you were talking about, Bitt. There are probably more bad episodes in the last season, but the show is still good.

Overall, I see one area of the show that is a complete failure: every single romantic relationship. Seriously, these are the most poorly-written relationships I've ever seen on TV. The majority of them start instantly, and end (well, resolve) melodramatically. Case in point: the best established relationship on the show was between Billy and Dee. That one was ended tragically so that the most poorly written relationship on the show (Dee and Lee) could start. And it didn't even have a start to it. One minute she's completely devoted to Billy, the next she's eyeing Lee. It bugs me that the writers make these characters so fickle in their interpersonal relationships just to manufacture dramatic tension. It takes away from their credibility. I won't even go into the mess that is Starbuck. All I'll say is that apparently all it takes to get her to fall in love is a game of pyramid ball. Then she's hooked.

Aside from that, I've had few problems with the show. I might be blind to symbolism and metaphor, but I can't quite see the whole tie-in to the war in Iraq, and that's okay with me. I'm fine with being entertained.