It sounds like you want a notebook with a rotating screen. wink

The argument for wide screens is that you can lay up multiple (though smaller-looking and higher density) pages.

I'm not sure you're going to find something new to fit your ideals. Which is why you're looking for that nice table comparison. You're going to have to come to some decision to balance the physical screen dimensions, weight and pixel density just for starters.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the higher resolution screen options offered by Apple as an example. The increased density means additional clarity for smaller type sizes as long as your vision isn't lacking. The physical sizes of the screens are acceptable. Weight is about the only issue, but I think I'd pretty much always want lighter, regardless of how light the product already was.

Connection to an external display can solve your dimension/resolution problem with or without a dock, depending on the graphics capability of the computer. Macbook Pros can output dual-link resolutions in portrait or landscape for instance. I'm not sure how many other brands offer rotation (or accelerated rotation like the Macs) built-in.

I was only semi-joking about the zealot comment, but I can't seriously consider any notebook products from any company other than Apple at this time. There's just nothing out there with even close to the same build quality.

I'm still blown away to see VGA connectors on almost every new notebook by the clone makers. VGA!? Redonculous.