On PBS's Nightly Business Report last night there was actually a story about how this might be the last election which uses electronic voting machines and how many of the voting machine makers have either gone bankrupt or might throw in the towel as the machines have become enormously unpopular with state and local purchasers.
Also mentioned that Diebold has gotten the most (presumably bad) press but the least share of the profit from machine sales.

If this is the end of the electronic voting machines for now, then Good Riddance I say.

On matthew_k's point about vote selling, I just wanted to comment that an article I once read (perhaps in Technology Review (?) ) about electronic voting mentioned that just a slight, subtle, hard-to-detect shifting of the vote count could often have a major effect on highly contested races. And that anyone with any sense wouldn't cause the rigged vote to be "100% one way in any given precinct".

I presume this also applies to a lesser degree with vote selling, though it's probably much harder to coordinate and much more likely to be detected.