Thanks Ross for your very extensive reply!

Summarizing your post, I guess I can best go for shielded solid Cat6A. I'm not really worried about bending the STP cable past its bend radius since this will be installed in a newly build house. Basically I can put the cables wherever I want, I don't have to tuck them away in corners as would probably be the case if they were installed after the house was built. (in my case they will be plastered into the walls)

I must say this correct termination necessity worries me a bit. I've crimped hundreds of Cat5e and Cat6 cables, but never shielded ones. In order words, I don't really know the correct way how to do it. I've been searching and Googling for the last 4 hours on the internet, but that didn't help much. I can't really find a guide, or even better an instructional video that would show me how. Those are available in abundance for Cat5e UTP cables, but I can't find any for shielded cables... bummer, because I want to be absolutely sure I'm doing this correctly! Anybody can point me towards such a guide or video? Much obliged!

I also can't seen to be able to find Cat6A RJ-45 jacks for use with STP cable. It's like they don't exist! It also took me a while before I was able to find the correct cable, but at least I was able to find that. (same with Cat 7!). I've also learnt there is a different between RJ-45's for solid cable and for stranded cable. Even the crimp tools are different then! Phew! I never suspected this was going to be so much work (finding all the correct parts, I mean!)

This is the way I understood it:
UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair): no foil, obviously
FTP (Foiled Twisted Pair): one foil covering all the pairs
STP (Shielded Twisted Pair): individual pairs are shielded, and they are all foiled as well...
I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it.

Cheers!