Originally Posted By: hybrid8
You should definitely keep a separate program for quick viewing, regardless of what you use as a library/asset management app. The two types of programs are distinctly different and in my opinion, diametrically opposed. It is simply not possible to have one program be very good at both things.

Ok, I've been trying ACDSee Pro Demo in the last hour, and I am impressed. I suspend any judgement so far, as I'd like to play with it for a while, and do the same with lightroom, but so far ACDSee is impressive. It is in many ways similar to lightroom, so one of the two companies copied the other in terms of GUI and some of its paradigms.

But, it is very very powerful. You should give it a try, if you haven't, Bruno. As you said, it has changed a lot.

In any case, yes, I see what you're saying, but I don't agree it is impossible to have a program good at both things - quick view, library mgt.
Maybe it's not out there, which is possible, but I think it's worth searching a bit. smile

My collection is fairly large, now, and I've been postponing this for a while. ACDSee is promising, I have to tell you.
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg