Originally Posted By: drakino
I am using the Windows Zune software for syncing to take advantage of the Zune Pass. I really don't like the software, the interface just seems wrong. Browsing, downloading, and even just generally working with the program, it takes a while just to figure each task out. I do like the syncing though. If the phone is on my WiFi network and charging, I can sync. It also seems to do multiple syncs. With the iPhone, I have to make sure I sync in the morning, otherwise I miss the podcasts that came out after I docked my phone the previous evening. Just now, I opened Zune, and it downloaded 15 songs it thinks I'd like. As the download was still going, it saw the phone on the network and also began syncing. Really hoping Apple copies both the idea of wireless syncing and a subscription service.

I know it's not really about the phone, but I'm curious what you think of Zune Pass. I have it for my Zune HD and I love it, and my friend has it and he's a voracious music listener. There are some holes in the selection, but on the most part I think it's a nice service.

I agree about the software whole-heartedly, though. I hate it. It's very pretty for the most part, but it's entirely form over function. I'm constantly running into little things that bug me.

I also know from using the Zune HD that the wireless syncing is pretty damn cool. I wish Google would do that for their music content, but I suspect they haven't because they're waiting to launch their music service. I bet Apple beats them to the punch, though...

Edited by Dignan (25/02/2011 04:57)