I'd also like to discuss the things people expected to see at IO but didn't. Hardware is the easy one. Basically, there wasn't any. We already knew about the Pixel, and the S4 is old news.

We also didn't see anything about Google TV. Well, there was an announcement later that day that it would be getting updated, but that's almost non-news (I have a Google TV, but I'd be amazed if it actually got updated). Google TV was apparently relegated to a booth in the back of some hall, out of the way.

I'll be the first to admit that the Google TV is a failed product. I tend to like it, but there's really not much to it, and I would never recommend it to most people over a Roku or Apple TV. I'll be interested if they announce anything about it at all anytime soon.

The other big thing that we haven't heard anything about is Android@Home. Where the hell did that go? I've been hoping for a while now that someone would knock the home automation industry on its ass, because it sorely needs it. Everything out there right now is terribly expensive and user-unfriendly. Perhaps now that Andy Rubin is over at the x labs, he'll start working on that stuff. I know he's really into it, although he's more into robotics so that might be what he's actually doing.

Anyway, what other omissions were you surprised by?