Hey guys:

I bought a PATA KingFast SSD 64 GB drive that I formatted in a Windows OS and the drive works fine. Then I took the existing drive out of a working Mark2a (Rio Car) player and replaced it with this KingFast drive in the same working IDE cable position, installed the big disk builder v6 and got this same error, '"Bad pump response" occurred during stage 0x25' after a few minutes of no progress bar during the "selecting pump device" stage. I then made sure that the cable was properly seated on both ends and also tried with version 3 of the the big disk builder. I also tried building the disk in my original Mark2 player with the same results. I have 2 MyDigitalSSD 64 GB "Bullet Proof" series SSD drives of another brand working fine in 2 Mark2a players.

I suspect perhaps Mark Lord never programmed a pump device for this drive. What's the next step in troubleshooting? Adding a jumper? Switching to another cable position? Getting a log output? I can't connect to the COM1 port via telnet while the Big Disk Builder Wizard is flashing the player and searching to for the drive to format. So how do I get a log like JeepBastard did?

The drive with the issue is model KF2502MCS01. (Made in China: www.kfast.com.cn)