but insulting non-Christians by calling them "crazy" is as un-Christlike an attitude as I can come up with

I don't want to start something here, but I can't agree with that statement. I think that Christians regularly treat people who disagree with their faith as if they were crazy, sometimes even pointing it out to the "heretic".

You have to be careful when you say "Christians" without qualification. Because if you're including all Christians, you're including:

Operation Rescue: I think they're sometimes offensive and nasty to people. They've also been known to harass people who honestly don't need it at the moment.

Focus On The Family: Would probably be more than happy to see the Inquisition brought back, if only to see gay people "get what's coming to them".

...and so on. All guilty of "un-Christianlike behavior". But all most admittedly Christian. So it would seem there's a bit of a paradox. Because by definition, "Christian-like" behavior is behavior like that of a Christian....

Is it Christian-like behavior we expect? Or Christ-like?

Because I see a lot of Christian-like behavior all the time. That pilot displayed some. But not a lot of Christ-like behavior to be found.

Except on this board. What with helping Drakino get to Amersfoort. That's about the coolest damn thing I've seen in a while.