Adam originally brought the negativity with his comments that suggested the empeg guys were patting themselves on the back for having FLAC, Ogg, etc. support. I think I understand what he was trying to say, but he should probably have found a better way to say it.

My thoughts exactly. If anyone read my reply as hostile, they misread it. My point was that it is not the wisest idea to start out by noting that many features on your software aren't working, then thumb your nose at the people who CREATED them empeg by pointing out that you have a 1.0 release (which I feel is arbitrary given the status stated by the author himself) while they have "only an alpha release".

Don't get me wrong; I agree that the layer learning what I'm in the mood for at any given time (and in general) is a phenominal idea. Sheer brilliance. I applaud Adam, both for the idea and for the work he's put in. But I still think he was out of line with the comment about the Cambridge guys only having an alpha, especially given the fact that they're doing this out of the goodness of their hearts.

I hope Squash does well, and becomes another asset for empeg owners everywhere.