Rob,

As always, thanks for your deliberate response. I think perhaps that "Chris" had one too many bottles of Angst Lager. Sounded like every dark, anxious thought any owner might ever have rolled up into one big ball. I suppose if you hang out in your basement reading a stack of books about how the Bavarian Iluminati manipulated Woodrow Wilson through Colonel House, this is the result.

Interesting side note about XM. I looked at their Web site. I couldn't tell how they enforce their license/fees for customers. If I wanted XM in car, home and boat, would I need to pay monthly fees for 3 adapters? I keep thinking about getting DMX for this kind of service, but don't want to pay for the rest of the cable service. Plus, portable it ain't!

In the tuner obsession department, can you perhaps rattle off the dimensions of the production unit, the length of the loom attachment, and how the antenna attaches (a plug on one surface?, another cable/tail?). I am dying to finish up the final installation panel (in a pretty cramped space) on my boat but I am reluctant to make final cuts into that spendy teak without having all placement stuff figured out (right now, the Empeg sled is in an ugly plywood temporary panel with my old Kenwood hanging out the side to provide FM to the Empeg. If I couldn't listen to Car Talk while doing boat work, Saturdays just wouldn't be the same. ).

Thanks,

Jim

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.