==========
So Microsoft spends 5mill a year on a product that no one in the Macintosh community wanted, needed, or would use if Apple wasn't bundling it with the OS. What's your point?
==========

Oh that's right, you know all about the market share and Mac community. No one would use OE if it wasn't bundled with the OS? That's funny, we have had over a million downloads of OE from the Microsoft web site, and we have won Best Of Show and Best Internet Client from MacWorld. The reviews consistently review us higher than Eudora, NS and Emailer. OE on the Mac has been such a hit that the Windows version was modeled after it. Go ahead, compare the features of all the email clients out there and feel free to choose which ever one you like best. I never told you had to use OE and either did Microsoft or Apple. What's wrong with shipping the product with the OS? You get your new mac, turn it on, and you already have the number one rated email client available to you (in my opinion). You also get NS Communicator which also is bundled with the OS, it's your choice.

==========
I have nothing against the programmers at Microsoft. They work hard to release products and do it for a job.
==========
Thanks.. I appreciate it.

==========
But I highly dislike the marketing, legal, and administration departments.
=========
I'm with you. I agree that Microsoft has done some shady deals. However, that's business. It's America, a free country. Did we harm consumers? I don't think so..

==========
But something happened along the development path, and it was realized 2000 wasn't quite "consumer oriented".
==========
Oh you are so very wrong. Windows 2000 (which was NT 5) was NEVER was created for "consumer" use. The next Windows (code name Whistler) is the consumer version of Windows 2000. It is now in beta testing and when you finally get it on your computer, I bet you are going to like it. And Window ME was NEVER sold as a "must upgrade" or an entirely new version. It was a recommended upgrade for home users and added features for easier home networking and internet use. The new features and better stability were by far worth the $50 upgrade cost. If Empeg was going to charge $100 for the 1.1 upgrade, I bet you would have no problem paying for that.

==========
Read through the findings of fact that was released from the recent legal battle against MS. It may prove quite enlightening, and show the many illegal mistakes of your company's management and other departments.
=============
Have you actually read the complete findings of fact? How about the complete findings of law? Did you know those 2 documents were supposed to be the same document? However, since both of them had horrible contradictory statements, that the judge decided to split them in 2 and release them 2 weeks apart. Give me a break. Judge Jackson is so biased against Microsoft it's not enough a fair trial. Now the appeals court is looking specifically into Judge Jackson (an unheard of act by the appeals court) and my guess is the government's case is going to worth nothing. Do you think they will break Microsoft up? I'll bet you my Empeg they don't.

Please everyone.. My post about Microsoft was not a flame towards anyone. It was a defense against people putting down the company I have devoted my life to when all they are doing is repeating rumors and hate statements that they read or hear in the media. The last thing I wanted was to get into this Empeg forum and start reading that people think Microsoft has ANYTHING to do with Empeg. Paying Empeg to use WMA and setting them up with Free lunches and stuff.. GIVE ME A BREAK!

This is my last post about this topic. Feel free to flame me or MS as much as you want. I just recommend you get your facts straight first because you can look like a idiot when you state completely untrue statements that you really know nothing about.

For those that want to continue talking about this. I'll be at the Northern California meeting in March. You should come on over and tell me exactly what you think, and maybe you can even convince me that I am wrong.

Rob