Originally Posted By: tman
I would have put a EtherSwitch module into the 2921 and skipped the extra switch in the wiring closet that the router is in. This would mainly be for space saving reasons rather than management as the ESW is managed separately even though its inserted into a router.

I actually sent out an email to the guy in charge of ordering components to get a 4-port EtherSwitch card. Model EHWIC-4ESG, I think.

Originally Posted By: tman
The advantage of a WLC is that you get centralised management, better security and more features since all the APs act as basic radios and tunnel everything back to the WLC.

Ooo, very cool. I'll have to remember that for the future.

Quote:
Make sure to configure/upgrade the APs before you mount them! You powering them using a PSU or POE?

They're mounted but accessible. They're powered by PSU. How do I access the APs for configuration?

Quote:
Not sure how viable this would be for you but if you can then you should get all the hardware together before its mounted so you can work out how to configure it. Mistakes at this point would be easy to correct and wouldn't mean you trekking around the building trying to access a AP or switch thats embedded in the wall or ceiling.

Unfortunately everything is in place and installed, but fortunately there isn't anything that's difficult to access.

Quote:
It'll be a good learning experience for you. Always good to have Cisco experience on the resume/CV smile

While I'm nervous about it I'm also interested in getting in there and working on it. It'll be fun smile