Yeah, I've been using the Unifi product line for a few years now and they've been pretty reliable for me. They also just released a new line of AC access points, so you might want to wait a little until they're more available on Amazon (I think they're on there but not Prime - they also have their older AC APs available).

The Unifi products have worked well in all the businesses and homes I've installed them. So far I haven't heard any complaints, and in many many instances they've greatly helped with poor WiFi coverage. I've had some customers who don't need blazing speed but do need good coverage, and for those I'll attach a Unifi AP to a powerline or MoCA adapter and it works wonderfully.

In my own home, however, I've decided to make a switch. I had a couple very early Unifi APs that weren't the long range models. They were 2.4GHz 802.11n and I wanted to upgrade. I think that anyone here can guess that I upgraded to the OnHub.

I did this for several reasons. The main one was that I hate the Verizon Actiontec routers. The UI is terrible, and they just don't seem to work well. It took quite a bit of work but I have now completely removed it from my network (not advised if you still need guide data or VOD for Fios set top boxes - I don't because I have a Tivo).

The signal on these OnHub units is absolutely no joke. I put this thing in a central location, and I still get a strong signal at the very furthest reaches of my house and property. My beloved WiFi Analyzer app (Android FTW) gives me a reading of -60 to -55 dBm from two floors below and about 20 feet to the side of its current location on top of a dresser. Well within acceptable strength.

I'm also getting absurd speeds. I'm not sure how to test the speed of data transfer between devices inside a network, but I've done an unofficial test using the Plex app on my Nexus 5, and got an extremely high quality video to load instantly.

The configuration of the OnHub is very simple, though the menu system could use some work.

I have a couple complaints:

1- I would also like roaming capabilities for houses larger than mine (there are plenty in my area). It's certainly possible to set up two OnHubs on the same network, but it's certainly not doing was Unifi is doing.

2- No guest network. This is a curious omission. Sometimes I'd just like to have my guests get out to the internet and not see all the systems on my network. This does, however, limit what you're able to do as far as media streamers and other recent entertainment tech. There's probably also a reason that ties into whatever future smart home technology that's supposed to come to the OnHub.

3- This is a weird one, but the OnHub can't route back traffic. If I'm on my own WiFi and I enter my no-ip address so I can see the IP camera that monitors my baby at night, it just won't work. I have to enter the local IP. Port forwarding works, but I thought it didn't for the longest time because of this. As long as I disable the WiFi on my phone, I can use my public IP and the traffic is routed correctly. This is quite annoying because I have to swap camera devices in my IP camera app whenever I leave the house and want to check in. Just a little weird.

So far, though, I'm a big fan (no surprise, I know).