I decided against a resin printer because it seemed a little messy and smelly to me, unless I got a full enclosure I could vent somehow. It also seemed like more post-processing work with the curing. But you do get smoother, more professional-looking prints. Maybe one day when I'm more confident about the hobby I'll pick one up.

There's a lot of upgrading you can do on almost any of the open-frame printers you see, at least from the bigger names with multiple products. The Ender line is popular, as well as the Prusa. I think there's several upgrades I can do on my Anycubic but I haven't looked into it.

My thought process is that I'll probably leave the printer alone and if I want more capabilities I'll just buy a higher-end printer later on. That way I'll have multiple printers that I can assign to different tasks, which would be nice since these jobs take so freaking long.

*edit*
One caveat is that I'm a total newbie to this so I'm not the best person to give advice other than what it's like to approach it as a newbie. I will say that I didn't expect it to be so hard, and there's far more variables to the process than I expected (and I expected a lot). But it's been fun working everything out.

Originally Posted By: Tim
this Saturn V lamp looks amazing and I would love to build one.

Ooo very cool!

Edited by Dignan (23/10/2020 15:46)