Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to look at those printers. I like the machines I've been using so far, but they are FAR from "bombproof." Maybe "heavy breathing-proof?" That's about it. I've had some real frustrating leveling frustrations with my cartesian printer, and the belts on my delta got stretched because I overtightened them (to the specs in the instructions), so it's been sidelined until this evening when I finally got around to replacing them.

My 3D printing has fallen into 3 categories. I'd say about half the stuff I make is toys for my kids. They're small so it's stuff that's still exciting to them laugh. Another 30% is the kind of stuff it sounds like you make, tools to help me with other hobbies or templates or hinges or just generally helpful little things. This is probably my favorite kind of thing to make. The last bit is generally organizational stuff. I made modular drawer organizers that finally got two kitchen drawers in order after 8 years. I'm printing assortment boxes for my tool chest. Stuff like that.

If I were starting again, I would prefer the FLSUN to the Anycubic. Delta printers just strike me as a better and more elegant design. I also like that the piece doesn't move, which definitely helps with accuracy since it's not being jerked around. My delta is also about half as loud as my cartesian, so that's nice. And the build plate is roughly the same size but I can print much taller.

I see the Ultimaker 3 is a Core XY? I really like the look of that type. It seems to combine the advantages of delta and cartesian. Can you do mirrored/simultaneous prints with the dual extruders? That would be such an advantage for me with all these toys I have to print in pairs and different colors for my kids laugh