I wish for...

A remote installation option where the display face could be mounted in the dash (perhaps permanently), but the chassis could be mounted somewhere else (e.g., the "boot"). This would provide several benefits:

1. Improved security and convienience. I drive a spider (convertible) and often park with the top down (even with the top up, breaking into a convertible is a trivial matter). With the current design, it's not unreasonable to pull the empeg and lock it up when parking for any considerable length of time. But I'd hate to do it everytime I run into a store, post office, etc. Yet, it seems that if one doesn't, then with the current design someone could quickly reach in and snatch the unit out of the dash.

2. No more ugly dash holes when the unit is out of the vehicle. Additional display faces could be sold for installation in multiple vehicles.

3. Improved installations. Remotely mounting the chassis would mean that the unit could be placed very close to the external amp (and away from other wiring) for reduced electrical interference. Plus, there would be more options available for installing the display head since it would be so compact.

4. While the handle is attractively manufactured, a display face with no handle would give a much more finished look to the vehicle's dash. In fact, if the button controls were relocated to a wired remote (like Sony's) that could be mounted on the steering column, then the display face could be reduced to a single plain piece of dark plastic that would not even look like a stereo, thus further reducing the odds of having one's car broken into.

Michael Liu