A remote installation option where the display face could be mounted in the dash (perhaps permanently), but the chassis could be mounted somewhere else (e.g., the "boot"). This would provide several benefits

Even better (maybe I'm dreaming here) would be to interface the empeg player to, perhaps, Sony's UniLink protocol. This gives the advantage of being able to control the empeg player from a Sony head unit through their excellent unified stalk control, whether the empeg was mounted underneath the head unit or in the trunk. Further, UniLink allows the ability to retrieve copmplete track information from a CD or MD changer, displaying the information on the head unit display.

I had a Sony in-dash MD changer slaved to my Sony CD/Receiver head unit before I replaced the changer with the empeg player, and now I miss controlling the whole thing with the stalk control as a single unit :-( Still, at least I'm not fumbling around changing CDs and such anymore, but damned if I'll give up my CD/Receiver head unit.

jester
Sunnyvale, CA
MkI/20GB/Blue/SN00309