there was a 4mm or thereabouts threaded hole in the back of the empeg. How about putting some sort of eyebolt in that hole, then
using your relay-driven locking plunger to secure the eyebolt

I tried that, even found a remotely controlled plunger (home security thing), but there ain't no space to fit it behind the empeg chassis. Some of this is due to the cable string at the back of the chassis. Fitting the antenna amplifier was difficult enough and I (hope I) will not (need to) open everything up once more. It may work in other cars (my BMW has the dash closed up).

So I seriously consider mounting it in the boot. Empeg support for this will help (remote control; voice feed-back; ideally a remote connect to the front-plate). A built-in relay-driven physical security lock should be a included in the Mark-2 though. It could be the feature that justifies (???) spending another $$$$ on an upgrade so shortly after my Mark-1 came in.

Don't misunderstand me. I like the empeg. I think it's a great machine especialy for the empeg software philosophy and it plays CD's beautifully. Just wish I had a decent FM-tuner connected.

Henno