haven't had any results back from testing ( . . ) I'm going to release it anyway

Mike, thanks for releasing. I believe the errors are gone.
I threw everything at it that's on my lists of (assumed) tricks to prevent the infamous errors viz:
- setting up and editing multi-level playlists, before inserting MP3s into the lists
- entering MP3s twice, deleting the double entries immediately afterwards and adding more in other playlists
- setting up a large amount of files to transfer (I gave it about 500MB tonight)
in short anything else than dragging a single playlist into emplode and synching before applying any maintenance. In addition:
- running (ripping) AudioCatalyst while synching!

Especially AC and Emplode fighting for resources used to be a certain manner to cause a crash.

The Good News
Emplode/Emma didn't crash at all. Emplode pumped about 100GB over to Emma, with AC ripping a full CD without error. I haven't managed to transfer that much in one go over USB, in months.

The Bad News
The process became terribly slow though: one disk write (rattle in Emma) every 3-5 seconds; Windows taking 20-30 seconds to just open the Start menu. This may have been one of the usual W98 instabilities, that has nothing to do with emplode or USB use, though. I killed W98 in the end; Emplode/Emma are now checking disk integrity. You'll have to wait for results from others to make sure that it is just W98 tying itself into a knot. I'll try it more later this week.

The synch failures have definitely been eliminated. Congratulations. What did you do? Was it USB resources or emplode/Emma logic?

Henno
# 00120 (6GB+18)