don't understand why so few people complain about this nasty emplode error here.

Well, we do complain. I've seen these two threads (the one starting with "8" and the one starting with "9") updated almost daily. I haven't even gotten that particular error, and I still try to contribute something useful to the discussion once in a while.

Note for Hugo et al: No way you empeg folks can go live on Mark2 with the current upload facilities for W98

The Empeg guys know about the error at this point, and they're just as anxious to see it fixed as we are. I'm sure they would agree with that statement. That's why it's important for us to be as careful as possible in reporting the bug information to Empeg.

If playlists in empeg were updated before the tricky file transfers, it would be much more simple to recover.

I think there might be a design reason they do the transfers first. They want to make sure that the player itself never chokes on a missing file, even if a synch failed. I think it's a relatively elegant stopgap measure to work around a technically thorny problem.

Your issue with it boils down to the fact that you spend more time organizing playlists than you do dragging files into Emplode. So the bulk of your work is lost on a synch failure. Same for me. I've been in that boat a couple times, too. It's frustrating. So, until they can fix the synch failures (the real root of the problem), I've been doing all my updates in little stages. I make some simple parent playlists (empty) and do a quick synch. Then I drag the files into those playlists and do the big synch. If that's successful, then I do the fine-tuning work on the playlists and perform a third synch. I know that I shouldn't even HAVE to do this, but hey, there's a reason it's called "beta".

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144