. . . whether or not the 9C+ interim build that Mike posted fixed this problem . . .

There isn't a lot of difference between these versions. Added the extra Toshiba drive (whopping 18GB ) to empeg last night, and upgraded emplode to the 'plus' version. Well, this interim version also fell over on the infamous 0x800703e4 error (after some 25 MP3s), wiping out all the playlist details that were set up the receive the files.

Following Paul G's suggestion, I then set up emplode for a serial synch; re-created the playlists and let it run for the night copying some 500MB of MP3s. This morning, after 11 hours of uploading, synching was still alive. At that time I guess that it had transferred over 400MB of MP3s and would need another two hours to complete.

The problem thus is definitely USB related. I'll try Mike's updated USB drivers to see if they make any difference.

Setting-up playlist structures and losing them all during synching, drives me nuts. I don't understand why so few people complain about this nasty emplode error here. Or are all of you using NT/W2000, or anything from outside the gates? (Note for Hugo et al: No way you empeg folks can go live on Mark2 with the current upload facilities for W98)

Wish List
Mike, any chance you can re-arrange the sequence of updating that takes place within the synch process? When emplode fails during the file transfers, it hasn't applied any playlist maintenance yet and takes all tediously entered details down the drain. If playlists in empeg were updated before the tricky file transfers, it would be much more simple to recover.

Henno
# 00120 (6GB+18)