So does/did anyone watch Heroes? I just watched the season premiere, and could not believe how bad it was. Seriously, I'm not sure where to begin with this one, but the writing, acting, story, pacing, and even basic logic were complete crap. (some spoilers for S3E01 follow)

The writers don't have a clue, and it's not just a feeling. I believe that in the last Heroes thread on this board I laid out why I thought the basic plot of the first season failed (essentially my theory is that Hiro didn't do anything after coming back from the future to prevent that future from happening). Now in this episode, we see Peter with a facial scar, presumably to be able to tell he's the "bad Peter" (what, he couldn't grow a goatee?). But how did he get the scar? He has Claire's powers to regenerate. And were they insinuating that "future Peter" was actually Sylar? Then why did he seem so affectionate towards Nathan? I suppose they might find some way to answer all that, but honestly I don't care. Here's why:

What is there to enjoy about Heroes? Watching this show, I have no sense of joy, no sense of deeper meaning, no sense of caring for the characters or interest in what happens to them. I think I don't care because I don't identify with any of them. In the first season we saw nothing but a dozen people finding out they had super powers, and then spending their entire waking hours either hating themselves for it, hiding it from their loved ones, or even denying they had them (like Nathan). As much as I couldn't stand Claire's boyfriend, in a way he was a breath of fresh air because he was the first person on the show who actually had some FUN with this power.

Perhaps this attitude was out of necessity. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like 95% of the show involves no use of anyone's powers at all. Is the attitude of the characters a cost-saving tactic?

Lastly, has anyone noticed what a downer this show is? For a show called "Heroes," the good guys sure seem to lose nearly all of the time. Yeah, they somehow saved the day at the end of season one (actually, only Nathan did, the rest pretty much stood around and failed to kill Sylar), and they stopped the virus at the end of season 2 by merely freezing time for a second with no final confrontation or anything, but the rest of the time they truly seem like a defeated bunch of people. Again, maybe this comes down to their attitudes toward their powers, but I really wish we'd see a few more victories from the good guys.

So I will stop watching Heroes now. I leave you with a series of other complaints I have:

- for the most part it seems impossible for these people, who all appear to know each other by now, to communicate with one another
- so Sylar now has Claire's powers and tells her she can't be killed, which means she didn't need to be saved in the first season, they just needed Sylar to not have it, but now he does, so that whole endeavor was pointless
- Sylar can block all the doors in Claire's home, but he can't break through a flimsy pantry door?
- Sylar could block the doors, but Claire didn't think to jump out a window? It's not like she'd be hurt for long...
- the extremely annoying Suresh lumbers off like a caveman at the end of the episode, just happening to be walking by the same graffiti depicting the world splitting that Matt sees in his alternate dimension or whatever. Unless these things are everywhere in the world, which someone must have noticed, isn't it a coincidence that Suresh walks by one at a random shipping port? It's not cool, it's very contrived.