I'm praying that HBO will grace us with a bluray of Carnivale one day. It's simply the most gorgeous TV show I've ever seen. I definitely think they could have picked up the plot and kept going. There were some big elements that they brought up in just the last episode.

Originally Posted By: DWallach
Which reminds me... I only just recently discovered that they did a comic book Buffy Season 8, canonical, written by Joss Wheadon. How did I manage to miss this?

Oh yeah, it's been out for quite some time. There's also Angel: After the Fall. I've read all but the last couple issues of that, and I give it a resounding...meh. Sadly it's a pretty big, confusing mess, and I'm really put-off by the art style. There are several high points in the story though, especially dealing with Spike and Illyria. *edit* Actually, what I'm thinking about was technically part of a short run entitled Spike: After the Fall. I'd probably recommend that.

I've heard a good deal about Buffy Season 8, and it sounds pretty crazy, especially with what happens to Dawn smile I just haven't started reading it because I want to wait until they've got a good deal of story behind them. I hate the long wait of the comic book world.

Quote:
From the non-spoilers, it looks like things changed in a pretty big way. There's no longer even the hint of a pretense of the Scooby gang pretending to be regular college students.

Well, Buffy was pretty much done with college after season 4, and Willow was definitely done after season 6, and I don't think there was even a mention of it in season 7. Besides, that would make them seniors in the comic, but I'm pretty sure they've given up on school.

Edited by Dignan (29/05/2009 10:26)