Originally Posted By: robricc
I'm surprised that Tivo still hasn't gotten the Premiere working smoothly. I'm also not fond of the ads in menus and during trickplay my friend's S3 Tivos have. The Moxi is 100% ad-free and trickplay on the DVR is fast. It's not as fast as Tivo, but it's faster than the HR20-23 series of DirecTV DVRs.

Does anyone know if Tivo has ironed out those speed issues with the Premiere UI yet? I'd heard the same complaints at first, but I was under the impression that this had been addressed. Wasn't it due to something like one of the CPUs/cores not being utilized for some reason?

I've never been certain why some things are so slow on the Tivo UI. I would think that if you have a box capable of recording two HD streams while playing back a third, it would be more than capable of, for example, recalculating your recording schedule when you change the priority of a season pass (typically the slowest the Tivo ever gets).

But it sounds like the Premiere UI is even slower. I wonder if any of that is due to the live TV playback in the menus, which is the first thing I'd turn off if I had a Premiere...