I just upgraded from a URC remote to a Harmony 670, and though I'm not thrilled with the Harmony, it's certainly a step up from the older URC I had. The Complete Control lineup seems very steeply priced and terribly designed, and probably work with my PS3 without some more hackery. It would solve the PIP problem, but by the time I get there, I've negated the cost savings from switching, which is the whole reason I opened up this can of worms.

If I'm willing to drop down to just the multi-room DVR and one additional set-top box, I can get my bill down by about $40 a month, and get faster FiOS internet service as well, so PIP might have to go -- it certainly ain't worth $40/month.

The one thing I'm curious about -- do the regular FiOS STBs send output over multiple outputs (where one of the outputs is coax) at the same time? If so, I could locate the main multi-room DVR in our living room, put the regular STB in my game room, and then run coax from the STB in the game room up to our bedroom. Then, with a RF/IR remote extender, the signal from the regular STB would be available on the TV downstairs (over RCA or S-video) and upstairs (over the coax.) Would that work?