Too bad it's not on line anymore! Anyone who wants to share with the unlucky ones who could not grab it?
My guess is that alpha 7 will be along reasonably shortly. We'll fix the insert-into-empty-playlist thing (it's already fixed on the Karma branch, I just need to do a merge), the crash with two vorbis streams in the same ogg file, the non-gaplessness of vorbis, and hopefully the transient info thing and the reported problem with --nogap MP3s.

I'll also try and make it say unambiguously when it's run out of memory building the database, rather than having it reboot only to fail again for the same reason. As tfabris and dbrashear have already implied, if it's failing for you and you've set a non-zero ReserveCache, you should try it with zero, or at least a lot less than you had for v2. It's likely that, except for the smallest databases, ReserveCache is going to have to be zero on 12Mb players (i.e. Empeg-branded Mark 2, as opposed to Rio-branded Mark 2a).Obviously this is going to impact third-party software, but at the end of the day you've only got so much RAM, and you've got to choose whose code you want in it -- ours or theirs...

Setting ReserveCache to zero on AC only is unlikely to be helpful: only the results of the database build is stored in the cache, so if your ReserveCache is too high to allow rebuilding the database, it's going to be too high to load it at all.

Having said all that, my Mark 2 doesn't currently spin down at all, with ReserveCache=0 and only about 5,000 songs on it -- though that might be a separate bug. Does anyone have it working well on a 12Mb player?

Peter