Okay, I think it's a memory problem. I haven't done a huge amount of testing, but so far the evidence points to these behaviors:

- If I load a very long route, it is more likely to lock than if I load a very short one.

- If I load a route, and then, in the same session, load a different route, it is highly likely to lock, especially if the routes in question are long ones. It's almost as if it doesn't free up the memory for the first route upon loading the second one.

The older gpsapp 0.17 will lock too, but it is much less likely to do so, and usually will do it only with the second behavior. The new one will lock up much more easily with the first behavior, and almost invariably with the second behavior.

I've been experimenting with different amounts of reservecache because I am trying to get GPSapp and Emphatic to play nice together. The problem is that I've got a Mark2 original so I don't have extra RAM. And... Alpha3 won't build databases with large reservecache settings. Also, I had a problem where, even if the reservecahce was @DC, Alpha3 couldn't even LOAD the database when in DC mode and would go into an infinte reboot loop as it kept trying to build the databases and failing because it was out of memory.

So if these route loading failures in GPSapp are due to low reservecache settings, then I'm doomed to stick with 2.0 unless some memory-conserving miracles happen...