Tom, I don't think you got the point I was making. You're addressing something else.

I was arguing that with cord cutting, the task of tracking when a new episode is released (and to a lesser extent which episodes you've already watched) is a far more difficult task. The mere fact that you have to pull content from different sources means that you don't have a central place to keep track of everything. Heck, you wouldn't even know if your favorite show took a week off.

Your response seems to be arguing that VOD is more convenient. Well I'm not refuting that! If every show I watched was available from a single source, like Netflix, I'd be a happy camper even if I couldn't track new episodes. But that's not the case and I don't see how it will be for a LONG time.

Look, as usual we all have our preferences. I see the appeal of your system, but I'd wager you're a different kind of TV viewer than I am, and I'm 99% certain that there is no better alternative to my current setup out there. Not for me.