I did miss the point a little bit, curse of trying to write that up at work and having a few distractions. Though I'll keep my post there, as what I was aiming towards is that scheduling doesn't matter to me at all now, and is a benefit VOD/cord cutting brings even above DVR usage. Well, I suppose it shifts the scheduling concern to when Netflix is going to lose a license to something. But caring about when a new episode is released is something my mind isn't occupied with very often. When I initially cut the cord, I did track new releases for a bit and knew when to go to the store for a specific show. Over time though it changed to just going every once in a while and browsing whatever was on the shelves. Once I started carrying an iPhone, it became easier to look up info about a show on the fly and decide if I wanted to take some plastic discs home.

As for keeping track of what I've watched, true, there currently isn't a grand unified list at the top level of what I interact with, and I have no idea if Hulu tracks this decently. My experience there was limited, as I disliked the cost with ads still being present. Netflix does a good job of saving playback position for TV shows, even when I change over and watch something else. And iTunes is the same way, presenting me with fully unwatched, partially unwatched and watched indicators.

And agreed, everyone has their preferences on how to watch TV. I'm not trying to attack your position in any way here. It's simply to share my experiences and perspective as a cord cutter.

One other comment I will make is that I'm glad more and more shows are offering their pilot episode for free on iTunes. I'll go browse that from time to time to find new things to watch. It's worth looking into for others out there, even the non cord cutters.