As a soldier about to deploy to the SW Asian Theater I'd like to add my two cents.

1. Iraq possessed Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) in the past and cannot demonstrate conclusively in the present that they do not possess WMD capabilities today.

2. Iraq has used WMD on both their own people as well as against Iran (perhaps against the US during the 91 campaign though that is a topic for debate which I care not to get into).

3a. Iraq supports terrorism. If you doubt this you must have had your head in the sand. A perfect example is the $25,000 checks that go to Palestinian terrorists' families after they blow themselves up attacking Israeli interests/people.

3b. Iraq supports terrorism. There are countless "conicidental" meetings between players in the Iraqi government and members of several terrorist organizations, to include Al Qaeda. Most intelligence sources appear to agree that Iraq implicitly (if not explicity) has permitted Al Qaeda and other like-minded terrorist groups to operate from within Iraq territories (both in Iraq proper as well as areas under "Kurdish" influence.

4. Iraq refuses to cooperate and plays a game of brinksmanship in order to pit the world political bodies and their member states against one another. This tactic has served Iraq well and led to the eventual withdrawal of all UN inspection teams in 1998. Iraq continues this tactic to this day. For example Iraq's two missiles both violate the UN agreements post-1991 and yet not one day ago Tariq Aziz stated Iraq will not destroy the missiles.

The above comments are generally accepted facts. Now I have my own view of why the French and Germans in particular have been stalling. I have a sneaky suspicion that much of what will be found in Iraq will have been French and German industry supplied contraband.

Anyways, I'm ready and willing to go. I think it's the right thing to do and if you disagree with me that's okay. Those that serve in the armed forces are serving (whether they know it or not!) to you can disagree with this nation openly and vehemently if you like.