. . . thought summed up the whole "right/perfect" versus "good" issue . . .

Interesting that you've made this point in two different posts without really explaining what you mean. However, the distinction between "right" and "good" is a good (and probably right too ) one to make. Not that I agree with you in this particular situation (though I have been convinced that our attitude toward other countries has been detrimental to our cause), but often it is much more difficult to discern the "good" in something than to follow the wooden "right". We need to be aware of this tendency and always check for the "good" in what we do. This may sound kind of relativistic philosophically, however I don't believe that it is. I think that many times we become so obsessed with the rules we've made, we forget what the purpose was in the first place.

Though I respect the band Rush immensely, as you all probably already know, I cannot agree with them philosophically in most areas, though I appreciate the effort. "The Color of Right" off of Test For Echo, however, is an exception to the rule and is bang-on target.