That is a powerful argument. It is a little more emotional than I would use, but he gets his point across pretty well. The mentions in passing about idolizing John Brown put me off and I disagreed with the argument that it is likely for Saddam to attack the U.S. mainland (although I can see him killing every man, woman, child, and their pets in Isreal. Overall, I think he summed up a lot of the arguments pretty well. Appeasement is not going to be the answer, especially against a Saddam Hussien. By avoiding this war, we are only going to create more wars that are more costly down the road. By going to war, we will do more good in Iraq and the world than by abandoning those people to the "leadership" of Saddam and his goons.

There are very real costs if we go to war, but there are also real and more potent costs if we put our heads in the sand. Are you willing to sacrifice the credibility of the Western World and allow any Joe Tyrant to get his own nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons without being hamstrung by the French from having any credible deterant? There is a very real link between doing nothing now and the future proliferation of weapons of mass destruction of all sorts and their eventually use.

A stitch in time saves nine

-Biscuits