Wow did that overzealously censor my post. I'll try again here:

I'm sure this will stir things up a bit, but I keep seeing these stories popping up on my Yahoo Most Emailed RSS feed, and it's really pissing me off:

This attempt at a constitutional ban on gay marriage ...

What the heck?

I'm only 26, so I haven't seen a lot, but I've never seen such a blatant violation of the civil rights of a minority group in my lifetime. It makes me embarrassed.
I don't care if the majority of people in the US are Christian and desire their morals to be forced on other people -- there's such a thing as the Separation of Church and State. And
that's all that is going on here. It's a bunch of religious people who feel that they somehow own the concept of marriage and that if your relationship doesn't match what their
religious books say, then it's invalid. Not to mention, with so much ridiculous crap going on in the world, that people would choose to fight against people caring about eachother ...
It disgusts me. And Kerry's not much better wIth this Civil Union crap. Get a backbone and level the playing field. There is no difference between Gay Marriage and Interracial Marriage -- both were discriminated
against, and hopefully most people today believe they should be allowed (of course, I'm sure there are a bunch of people -- probably the same crazy ones -- who disagree). Civil Unions sound to me
to be no different than Separate But Equal. It was unconstitutional then and it's unconstitutional now.

Sigh. OK. Back to your regularly scheduled programming ...