You can use the take-it-to-the-extreme argument against just about everything, but it usually doesn't work out. There are limitations on everything, it's all a matter of where we as a society decide to draw the line. That line needs to be drawn in a place that balances the beliefs of the majority with the rights of the minority. I think a Human/Dog marriage is a pretty reasonable place to draw that line -- mainly because marriage (from a legal standpoint) doesn't really make sense with a non-human on the receiving end. I honesty have not decided how I feel about polygamy though (it's a much more complicated situation legally). On the one hand, with consenting adults that are all aware of the polygamous situation, I personally couldn't care less. On the other hand, the rewriting of the tax laws to actually handle that situation and the cost of retooling who-knows-how-many forms and systems that track marriage as a two person entity definitely seem like a feat. But like I said, I haven't thought through this one much.

ms