What I think Dearing is talking about is basically a glorified Y-connector. If the OEM head unit in the Explorer (I think it's a JBL, made by Harman/Kardon) has line-in's on the back (it should, if you've got the changer in there, there is *no* way that thing is hardwired to the head unit), they'll probably be RCA (red and white, like on a VCR or home stereo, also known as phono jacks). You can buy, or make, a RCA switchbox that enables you to send one or another input to the head unit. Hmm, that might not make much sense...what I mean is you have a little box with an A/B switch on it, A for the changer, and B for the empeg, for example, and each position of the switch has it's own pair of RCA inputs, and there is *one* pair of RCA outputs from your switch. I would go to RadioShack or some similar store to see if they have it, or get someone who knows electronics to do it. It should be pretty simple, you can even vary the leads if you need to (i.e. if the changer has some funky FoMoCo connector on it going to RCA on the head unit, you can incorporate that into your switchbox so it all works out.) Cut a hole and put the switch in your dash, or even tuck it somewhere that looks good. You don't even need to have the physical switch in the same place as the switchbox. You could tuck the switchbox's bulky parts under a seat (careful with the power seats though!), run some wires to the actual switch, and put it in the glove compartment, or that lame tissue dispenser (maybe the whole box would fit there, ooh, a custom solution! :), there are a ton of places to tuck that thing in the Explorer, you can email me if you've got any more detailed questions, and I'll see what I can do about making a schematic for a homemade switchbox. Good luck!

Festus